The conference will run from Wed 18th - Fri 20th Jan 2012 at the School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, University of Leeds.
A training day for PhD students and early career researchers will be held on day 1, followed by 2 days of contributed, poster and invited presentation.
Topics for contribution include:
- Density Functional Theory Calculations
- Tight Binding, Pseudopotential and Effective Mass Models for Electronic Structure
- Empirical Potential Methods for Calculation of Structural Properties
- Multiscale Approaches
- Optical and Transport Properties of Quantum Nanostructures including Colloidals and Nanotubes
- Dilute Magnetic Semiconductors
- Laser Devices
- Photonic Structures
- Electronic Devices
Vadim Cheianov (Lancaster University), "Catastrophes in electron transport across graphene interfaces"
Rita Magri (Universita' di Modena e Reggio Emilia), "Interfaces and surfaces of III-V Semiconductors: from growth issues to electronic properties"
Morten Willatzen (University of Southern Denmark), "Geometry effects in waveguiding and eletronic properties"
Leonardo Bernasconi (STFC RAL), "First-principles optical response of semiconductors and oxide materials"
Martin Persson (Accelrys, Cambridge), "An introduction to DFTB+"
Anders Blom (Quantumwise, Copenhagen), "Atomistix ToolKit - a platform for atomic-scale
simulations of nanoelectronic devices"
For the full programme in pdf format click here.
To download the presentations given during the conference click here